Thanksgiving is a busy time of year, the beginning of the holiday season that brings so many gatherings, gift shopping, decorating, entertaining. Let’s admit, coordinating all of these extras can often bring feelings of stress and overwhelm. We wanted to take a moment to encourage you to start the season with a little gratitude in your heart as we enter this busy season. We hope this compilation of quotes that promote gratitude will do just that!
- Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others. - Cicero
- He who thanks but with the lips thanks but in part; the full, the true thanksgiving comes from the heart. -J.A. Shedd
- Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough. -Oprah Winfrey
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. – John F. Kennedy
- Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul.-Henry Ward Beecher
- Gratitude turns what we have into enough. – Anonymous
I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder. -Gilbert C. Chesterton
When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around. -Willie Nelson
Gratitude for the present moment and the fullness of life now is the true prosperity. -Eckhart Tolle
He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has. -Epictetus
Gratitude is a description of a successful mode of living. The thankful heart opens our eyes to a multitude of blessings that continually surround us. -James E. Faust
The more grateful I am, the more beauty I see. -Mary Davis
We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures. -Thornton Wilder
- Gratitude is the sign of noble souls. -Aesop
- You've been given the gift of 86,400 seconds today.Have you used one to say "Thank you"?
- To know you have enough is to be rich...
- Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action. -W.J. Cameron
- For flowers that bloom about our feet; for tender grass, so fresh, so sweet;For song of bird, and hum of bee; for all things fair we hear or see,Father in heaven, we thank Thee! -Ralph Waldo Emerson
- If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice. -Meister Eckhart
- In ordinary life, we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich. -Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Over the last two decades, we have created this compilation of our favorite gratitude inspired quotes. Each of the quotes above are a wonderful way to remind you of the abundance we all share in the simple things in life we often take for granted. It’s the perfect time of year to reflect on these things and fill our hearts with a sense of appreciation. Each of these quotes has been designed to display on walls, windows, etc. in order to inspire others, as meaningful conversations starters during holiday gatherings or as a display in your workplace or business. We have gratitude inspired quotes from famous book authors, movies or actors, presidents and more. We hope that one of the quotes above will spark a fuller sense of gratitude in your own heart and encourage you to share it with others. Feel free to use any of our quotes to design your own wall decal, share as an instagram caption, a dinner toast, or as a helpful prompt for what to write in holiday cards, etc.
If you are looking for a bit more inspiration, or to decorate a church or place of worship, check out our Thanksgiving Bible Verses and other gratitude inspired scriptures.
DECOR TIPS: Why not copy your favorite quote from above and try designing it in our Custom Decal Designer. Preview what it could look like on your walls in all the colors and fonts we offer to create a display in your home or workplace to spark gratitude all season or all year long!